Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rain

I woke up today to find that it was 44 and raining.  Not exactly great weather for a "first run".  So naturally my mind said I couldn't do it.  But I knew if I didn't today, I might not ever.  So I put on a rain jacket and headed out.  It was actually still raining at the time, so I was wet as soon as I stepped foot outside the door.  But off I went.  I couldn't use my ipod because of the rain.  So I was on my own.  I pushed myself pretty hard, and ran 3/4 of a mile then walked the 1/4 the rest of the way home.  I wanted to run the whole thing, but my lungs and heart just couldn't take much more.  By the time I stopped running, I was feeling light-headed and my heart rate was way higher than it probably should have been.  It was actually hard to make the walk home without falling over.

But i did it! I ran 3/4 of a mile, in the rain, on a somewhat cold day.  Will I keep it up tomorrow?  Well I work 10-4 tomorrow, so that makes it much harder.  Maybe when I get home, but that won't be til 5ish.  Check back and see what happens!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yayyy! Good job! 3/4 of a mile is great... pretty up to par with my first run ever.

You might be sore tomorrow, but you should definitely do something. Maybe bike a little bit, or even go walk a mile.

Good luck! Love you! :)

Kelly said...

PS: I WILL make you run with me next week. Use that as motivation to run now so you aren't completely dying when we do.

Kelly said...

"Check back and see what happens."

What happened?