Thursday, March 19, 2009

Re-Start

Ok.  So I started this in June 08, biked twice, ran once, and was done with it.  I'm a quitter at things like this.  I naturally rationalize EVERYTHING so it works out in my favor.  Just read my second post.  Grandparents, people around, other work...pretty much anything to keep from doing it.  Now, I do live in the woods and I do have a lot of allergies - so that isn't great for a running environment.  But this year, I WILL do something more.

My girlfriend has me watching Biggest Loser.  She likes it so I caught on.  These people have all lost like 100 pounds.  When I finish watching it, I feel fat.  Not that I'm a big guy.  But I used to be able to eat anything and everything and stay around 150 lbs.  Now I'm closer to 160.  And I'm flabby.  My body gets flabby more than it gets fat.  

See here's my problem - i eat fairly healthy, but i get NO exercise.  At least when I was in school, I walked to class and etc.  It added up to a few miles a day.  Enough to balance things out.  Now I need to step things up before I get all fat and flabby.

My girlfriend is a Triathlete..except a year ago, when we started dating, she was super out of shape.  And now look at her!  She's super fit and looks great and is only getting faster and skinnier.  The other day she ran 5 miles!  So great.  Me?  Um...1/2 mile limit?  

So, there's no way i'm doing the swimming part, but I'd like to be able to keep up with her in biking and running.  We'll see if I can make it last more than a week.  But tomorrow is a starting day.  Here we go.

No comments: