Friday, April 3, 2009

2 in a row!

Yes, that's right. I came home from work at 5:30 today, changed, stretched, and went running! I was a little sore, but i ran the full 1.5 anyway. My goal was to go a little faster. It's hard because i start at the bottom of a 100ft climb, so that wears me out from the start if I'm going too fast. I had a little cramp in my side after the first 2 mins, so I slowed down slightly. Still, I did a mile in 11:09. Not great, but probably better than average. I want to get that done to 10 mins, even with the hill.

My final time for 1.5 miles? 15:14. Not bad. Maybe next time I can be under 15. Today was perfect running weather - about 60 and sunny when I started. After a mile, I got caught in a bit of a storm. It only lasted a minute, but for that minute I was running against some strong wind and driving rain. I was funny looking - clutching my iPod to my chest to protect it from the rain.

Oh yeah, and my weight was 158.? today. I forget what the "?" was. I think it was like 7 or something on the higher end of the spectrum. But 158 is good. I'm fine with that. Better than that scary 164 when i first weighed myself after buying the scale. I guess that was false. Onward and upward...er...downward for the weight. And downward for the time. But upward for the distance ran. Yeah, you get the point.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

YAYY! I'm so proud of you! Plus, you're muh faster than me (especially with those brutal hills). And a mini storm? What on earth?

Karen said...

I am waiting for 3 in a row.